Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DAY 63 OF 100 DAYS IN PARADISE - They Charged Me WHAT?!

Like so many other Americans 
I can't afford health insurance so
the lady at the hospital checkout gave me a number
to call to where I could apply for financial assistance
with my bill for the 2 hours I spent in the ER. 

I called the number today and spoke with someone 
who said she could take my application right over the 
phone.  The first thing she asked about was our 
home.   
Since our house had been signed back over
to me in last Sept. that became a problem.  
She asked what the County tax appraisal 
was on the house.
I tried to explain to her that the house had been damaged
and was no longer worth what they had appraised
it for.  I told her we were trying to sale it for
$60,000 LESS that what it had appraised at
BUT she said they had to go by the County
appraisal so therefore we did not qualify for
ANY assistance.
She then begin telling me what I owed.  Keep
in mind that all the did was diagnose my Liver
Failure and send me home.  
They did nothing to help me.
The bill for the two hours I was there is over
$2,000.  BUT she said, that's NOT counting the
Lab work OR the doctor's bill! 

Can I tell you how WRONG this is.

I had just gotten off the phone with her when
a lady from the Medicaid office called.  We are
once again TRYING to get Medicaid for David.
I had filled out the endless stack of paperwork 
and copied all the documents they had asked for
and mailed it all in about three weeks ago.

The lady called today to tell me that I had until
Friday to send them proof that a term life insurance 
policy we had had on me that had be canceled 
because the premiums went sky high after the term
had expired, or the application would be denied.
(I had not mentioned the policies.  They pulled
them up from the old records where I had applied
before I guess.)
WHAT - I don't have any proof of that!
When I told her I was sick and that I had no 
proof of that canceled policy, with a very stern voice,
she said I could have until the 28th but that was it.  
She then gave me her fax #.

I began going through old insurance papers
and found the last bill I had received from
them.  Trammell went down stairs where
the girls at the front desk faxed it for us.

Please Pray that this time David will be 
approved for help.

I have to say, the people here at Bay Watch
are SO sweet.  They have done
so much for us.  
We will truly miss them all.

Psalm 55:17
Evening and morning and noon I will pray,
and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment