Monday, February 4, 2013

DAY 47 OF 100 DAYS IN PARADISE - David's Dr. Visit

I have been trying to get David to the doctor for well over a month.
You wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal 
BUT 
it has turned into this huge nightmare.

First we find out in November, 
after we get moved down here 
that Humana had canceled his health insurance 
because we had moved out of the Upstate.

I had to start ALL OVER.  
Sign him BACK up with a new agent
just as if he had NEVER HAD HUMANA before.

SO Ridiculous!

I get him signed up.

Then have to wait weeks before it took affect.

Then find a doctor who accepted Humana 
AND new patients.

Found one - Made an appointment.

The day before his appointment was the day I came down
with that VIRUS. 
 I could hardly crawl from the bathroom to the bed 
SO there was no way I could get him to the Dr.'s office.
I had to call and cancel.  

I rescheduled - for Feb. 4th at 3:00pm

TODAY, so we thought.

Trammell and I get him there 
(which is a MAJOR ORDEAL)
at 2:30 so that I would be able
to fill out the mountain of paperwork
that they would not mail to me in advance.

I get half of it filled out when I am called
by the lady at the window who informed
me that David's appointment was for 
TOMORROW!    
At 3:00pm.

Yes, 
I did ask if they could just work him in 
since we were already there.

No.  
The doctors were having a meeting
this afternoon and could NOT work
anyone in.

Have you ever just wanted to sit down
and fall apart?

Me Neither.
I mean REALLY, 
Who has the time?

I got the boys back into the van and 
took them to SONIC DRIVE-IN for
a treat.

I calmed my nerves with something
I haven't allowed myself to have in
quite a while.
A CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE
(wait - it gets worse)
It was topped with
WHIPPED CREAM!

The scary thing is
This just may happen again 
TOMORROW!
BUT with Extra Whipped Cream.
YUM!

James 1:2
Consider it all joy, my brethren,
when you encounter various trials, ...
                                                      www.bycefamily.weebly.com
                                       

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Linda! :( What a rough afternoon, I am so sorry. I'm praying that tomorrow goes smoothly and you are all able to celebrate with a chocolate shake, not melt away in one because of the overwhelming anxiety. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete