Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DAY 55 OF 100 DAYS IN PARADISE - Our House

It's funny how something you once held
so dear becomes the object of you
nightmares.

Our dream home.

It took us a year of searching for the 
         "PERFECT HOME"
But finally, after looking at what must
have been 100 homes, A little over two
weeks before Mother's Day 2000 we 
walked into our DREAM HOME.

The Friday before Mother's Day was
our closing date.  
The next day we moved in and by Sunday 
we were having our Mother's Day cookout
with my Mom, Dad and the rest of
my family enjoying our new back yard.

Like so many other families we became
obsessed with creating the PERFECT
HOME.  
David was constantly working
on the yard.  
It was amazing.
My obsession was the inside.  
Every room had to look like a picture 
right out of the latest interior design magazine.

Trammell now laughs about how I would 
get on to him if the pillows on the sofa were
not placed back in their designated spot
after he got up.
I would smile and say, "I only want it perfect."

Funny how God teaches us lessons. 

Twice during the past six years, as we
have lived through the nightmare our
family has endured, our house has
been destroyed.
Both times, as I walked through the 
devastation I could hardly remember 
it's former glory.

The lesson I have learned from this
however is one that I should have known
all along. 
Never attach yourself to the treasures
of this world for they will soon crumble.

I have a home waiting for me that will
never be destroyed. 
There will be no devastation.  
For this home is waiting for me in Glory. 
And I can't wait to see my Mama and Daddy
walk through the door. 

(You know, I won't EVEN care where 
they leave the sofa pillows.) 

Job 1:12
... The LORD gave and the LORD
has taken away; may the name of
the LORD be praised.

2 Corinthians 5:1
Now we know that if the earthly
tent we live in is destroyed, we
have a building from God, an
eternal house in heaven, not
built by human hands.  






No comments:

Post a Comment