Monday, February 18, 2013

DAY 61 OF 100 DAYS IN PARADISE - LIVER FAILURE?!

WHAT?
I have Liver Failure?
WOW, that got my attention.

I had a rough night last night with pain and fever
 SO
first thing this morning I called the
Dr. office to tell them.  
The nurse and I decided the best thing 
to do was to head on over to the ER.

Which for us is not that simple.

I got in touch with RESTCARE HOMECARE.
They found a nurses aid who could come right
over to take care of David.

She arrived around 10:45.

Trammell then drove me to Seacoast Medical Center
in Little River about 2 miles north of North Myrtle Beach.
Poor thing was a nervous wreck by the time he
got me there.  BUT I think he did a Great Job.

Now one of the Great things about a small town
is that there's no waiting in the waiting room
at the ER.  We had not sat down good when
they called my name.
A really sweet lady took us straight back to one of
the examination rooms and within 5 minutes
the doctor was there.  An EKG was run, blood
was taken, and more.  
Not to mention, friends were made,
Testimony was shared, tears were shed and 
lives were touched.

In less than two hours we were on our way home
with a diagnosis.

That's the scary part.
The diagnosis is LIVER FAILURE.

(I remember the days when they would have NEVER
let you leave the hospital with a diagnosis like
that.)
Not Today. 
They said I need to call a Dr. Vukov
who's an Gastroenterology in Myrtle Beach.

Well, after they told me I need to see him within
2 to 3 days, I went ahead and called on the way 
home to get my appt.
I spoke to a girl who sent me to someones voice mail 
to leave my info.
By 4:00pm I still had not received a return call
SO I called back.  
The guy who answered the phone and was very 
short with me when I explained the reason for my call, 
told me it would be two to three DAYS before they would
be able to get back with me to even SET UP
an appointment.
(Now I'm sure if it were his wife, mother or
child it would not take that long.  And he surely
would not have spoken to them that way either.)

More Compassion He Needs - As Yoda would say.

I want to ask for your Prayers as we begin this
journey.
We Pray for God's healing touch so that I may
get my strength back and continue to care for 
my family.  
BUT above all, we Pray for God's
Will to be done and that He receives All the Glory
for All Things.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in Prayer,
believing ye shall receive.
                                                      www.bycefamily.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment