Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 25 Of 100 Days In Paradise - Organization

I strive daily, as do so many others, to keep my family and my home
organized.  
It's an on going challenge.
Through the years I have tried many different ideas and brainstorms.
This is what I am trying for the next 15 weeks.  I'll let you know how
it goes.  
A friend of our who accidentally bought color paper instead of white 
paper gave it to us instead of returning it.  
I've been using some for David's "Arts and Craft Time" each day.   
But the other day I had a "Brainstorm".  
I have printed out a list of what needs to be done each day. 
               (IT'S THREE PAGES LONG!)
I printed each day on a different color paper.  
Beside each chore I have a line.
Who ever does that particular chore will put his or her initials on that line.
Who ever has the most initials at the end of the week will not have to do
ANY DISHES the following week. 
(Trammell and I both HATE doing dishes.)  
If you try this with your family you may pick other prizes.  
You may also want to pick a nightly winner.  
ANYTHING to get the kids excited about doing chores. RIGHT?

I have also put a place for each day's Menu at the bottom of page 3
of our list.   

I have always been a "Menu" kind of person.
I have found that life runs a lot smoother that way.
I love not having to think about what I'm going to fix for each meal
during the week.
I make out the week's menu on Sunday by going through the cabinets,
refrigerator and freezer to see what we have.
Putting together ideas and recipes for ingredients we already have on hand.
That way when I do my early morning run to the grocery store
on Mondays I don't need to get a lot of unnecessary items.
 
Back before all this happened to our family, I use to also take
that menu and pull coupons from my "Coupon File". (We used to
joke about the store owing me money when I walked out.)  And
that was before "Couponing" was popular.
I REALLY need to find the time to do that NOW!

1 Corinthians 14:40
But all things should be done decently and in order.

Habakkuk 2:2
And the Lord answered me: Write it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.




No comments:

Post a Comment