Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 22 Of 100 Days In Paradise

I walked on the BEACH!
What a Glorious walk it was.

It was indeed the best hour of the day.

I spent half the day on the phone still
desperately trying to get help for my family.
Which is something I have spent hundreds of
hours doing during this six year ordeal.  And 
twice as much time filling out forms.  

It's so heartbreaking putting all that time
and effort in over and over again only to be 
turned down or placed on a waiting list.
And it's only getting worse.

I thought I had all I could possibly take today with, phone
calls, paper work and caring for my two boys BUT the worse
was yet to come.  

Some of you may recall the six year nightmare we have
had with our home since all this happened.  
Our Dream Home - which has become our nightmare.
Because it's three stories I could no longer get David 
or Trammell up the stairs to the full baths or the bed
rooms.   SO I had to lease it to a man who had just come
out of the Army with the understanding that he would
purchase the home during the next few months.
He then moved his brother and a friend into the house.
They practically destroyed the house. Even breaking
the garage door into.  Then they abandoned the house.
Leaving us with thousands in damage.
We were devastated.  
We had no choice but to move out of our handicap apartment 
and back into the house.  We had to stay in the first floor 
living room while I did repairs little by little myself and
with the help of volunteers whom I will forever be GRATEFUL.

Months later when the house was ready
I put it back on the market.  It was impossible to
sale with us all three living in the living room.  
The Realtor suggested we move out BUT we could 
not afford to pay for a place to live unless we rented
the house.  Which we did, to a lady who bought
it in 2009 but could not get a loan so I had to finance
it for her with the rent she had paid being her down 
payment.
When the owner of the condo we had moved into with
a lease purchase agreement found out I had gotten no cash
for our house and could not buy her condo she kicked
us out.  
We received a letter from her attorney.
We had 24 hours to get out.  That, by the way, was the
same day our car had broken down on Hwy I-85 and had
to be towed in. 
The lady who bought our house ended up having to lease 
the house to another couple who in Aug. of this year 
accidentally flooded the second and first floors of the 
house causing tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage.  
That's when we found out there was no insurance to cover 
the damages and then the house was signed back over to me.

We have NO MONEY to do repairs.  We don't even have
money to pay the taxes which were due yesterday.
The couple who were living in the house at the time of
the flood has moved back in with the hopes of buying 
and repairing the house.  
(I'm now having to sale it for around $60,000 LESS 
 than what it would have been worth. 
Offering it to them for what we paid for it in the year 2000).
Not counting what we spent to have the 3rd floor added, a
new larger deck on the back and numerous upgrades.
   
We have been waiting since October for a closing date so
we can finally buy a permanent home and be done with
this part of our nightmare.
I was once again devastated to learn this afternoon that
the couple does not even know if they will be able to get
a loan.
This is one of those times when I feel like falling to
pieces BUT I just don't have the time.

I'm handing this ALL over to Our LORD JESUS CHRIST
and believing HE has it ALL worked out.  
I Pray that the couple will have no more problems and that they
will be able to get a loan and that this will become their
dream home for many years to come.  AMEN
Please join me in this Prayer.
His Will Be Done.
To HIM be ALL the GLORY.

Psalm 55:17
Evening and morning and noon I will pray,
and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice.

Proverbs 16:1
People may make plans in their minds,
but only the Lord can make them come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment