Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 10 of 100 Days in Paradise

Oh What A Night!
And I'm NOT talking about the song.

David was BACK in the Psychotic Zone.
He got up twice during the night.
We have learned to barricade the front
door at night in fear that he will wonder
outside. 
I don't even want to think about
what would happen to him if that ever 
happened.
That makes me think about the nightmare
we had while trying to get Trammell to
the Shriners Hospital in Philadelphia after
he became paralyzed from the waist down in
Feb. 2008.
When we FINALLY arrived at the Philadelphia
Airport at 6:30pm, both David and Trammell in wheelchairs
AND in diapers that desperately needed to be changed
from being on since 5am, the airport attendant whom they
had sent to push David, while I pushed Trammell and carried
our coats and carry-on bags, took off with him and before
we knew it was out of sight.  
I could not understand why she was going so fast
 and why she never turned around when I called out to her. 
As we arrived at the top of the incline they were no where
to be seen.  My heart dropped.
David had NO idea where he was. Where we were going.
He had no ID.  No money.
In all we have been through I have never panicked until that
moment.  
Off in the distance I saw a police officer on a Segway.  I ran
pushing Trammell's wheelchair as fast as I could calling out
to the Policeman. 
As I reached him I began telling him what had happened.  
He instructed us to go to the elevator and meet
him on the first floor.
When the elevator door opened he called out to us.  
He had caught the attendant about to put David in
a Taxi Cab. 
She had no idea he was even with us.  She thought he was 
by himself.  
 A feeling of panic still goes through me when I
think about what would have happened if that officer had not
gotten to them in time.  We would have NEVER found him.
Again God's Grace Carried Us Through.

The Shriners van that was supposed to pick us up had long gone
because our flight was four hours late because our airplane had
to have it tires changed in Washington DC due to one of them
going flat!
SO I'm on the phone with Shriners trying to get a ride to the
hospital.  We had no money for a Taxi. 
(We needed one that could carry two wheelchairs).
 Had NO idea how far from the hospital we were. 
 It was another two hours before
we arrived there.  
Then we had to check in.  
The three of us spent a month in one hospital room. 
The AWESOME thing was we saw SO many lives touched.
SO Many lives changed just from hearing our story and our
Testimony.
HIS PLAN. 
HIS PURPOSE.
NO MATTER WHAT WE GO THROUGH
HE HAS US BY THE HAND

AND HE'S NOT LETTING GO.

Psalm 37:24
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

www.bycefamily.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment