Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 1 of 100 Days in Paradise.

Today I attended my Dad's funeral.
My heart is broken.
It's been 11 months since my Mom passed away.
This would have been their first CHRISTmas apart in 58 years.
Now they are spending it together in Heaven.
  
A ten hour drive to the upstate and back within 32 hours.
Visitation, Funeral, Family I have not seen in YEARS.  People
I've never seen.  All who loved and will miss my Dad.

He was the kindest man I've ever known.  In my 54 years
I never once heard him raise his voice.  
He was in Love with my Mom for 58 years. 
He treated her like most women only dream of being treated.

Never did I ever dream last CHRISTmas 
that by this CHRISTmas they would both be gone.

I'm back home (Our ocean front home for 100 days).
The sound of the waves as they crash to the shore always
gives me the peace I need to get through what the day brings.  
I Am Blessed

www.bycefamily.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment