Saturday, November 8, 2014

SLEEP

Our son Trammell saw a T-shirt online this week that read,
"I Love Sleep
It's like being dead
Without the Commitment"

FUNNY

He read it to me when he saw it because he knew I'd get a kick out of it.
Sleep is a REALLY Big deal to me because of the Lack of it in my life.
As a matter of fact during the  past few days I have been experiencing something that's happened to me once or two a years since our family's Journey began.  Where my body feels like it just wants to shut down. Where I am So Exhausted that my whole body aches.  I whin with every chore I do, every diaper I change.  All I want to do is lay down and SLEEP.
For the past two nights I've managed to get all my night time chores done, get David ready for the night and get in the bed by 8:00.  I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.
I vaguely remember Trammell coming in my room around 12:30 to tell me he checked on David and he's resetting my timer.  I've then been getting up between 2:30 and 3:30 to check on David and change his diaper. He's usually always wet around that time. I check him again around 4:30. Then I'm up to stay between  6 & 7.
These past two nights have been easy nights for me. Catching up on sleep but Trammell is now dragging from picking up the slack.

As any Caregivers knows first hand, you are ON DUTY 24/7/365.
One way to describe it for those who have never been a caregiver for anyone who's  bedridden, is, well, it's like the first few weeks and months when you bring a newborn home.  Yep, but instead of weeks or months, it years.

I started my new job Monday.
I was disappointed to see that I was only getting to work around 18 hours for the entire month. We are is such desperate need of funds just for necessities and with CHRISTmas coming I was in hopes I'd make enough extra to get Trammell and David a nice gift.
But maybe God is telling me they would rather have me here and healthy than to work myself to death.
I know HE Will Work All Things Out For HIS GLORY.
Not going to worry about a thing.

I want to ask that you all be in Prayer this week as Trammell and I have to drive to Columbia for me to testify in one of the cases involving our house Nightmare.
May our LORD'S GLORY Shine in this entire situation. May HIS Will be done. We Give It ALL Over to HIM.

   Isaiah 41:10
The Lord said, "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment