Saturday, February 15, 2014

S L E E P

These days one of the most precious things I can receive is SLEEP. 
I have now gotten 87 nights of sleep in 7 years and 2 months.

This weeks has been especially rough.  Each night when I get up to check David around 12:30 or 1:00 I can't fall back to sleep. (So many nights I'm STILL awake when the timer goes off 2 hours later.)
But
All this week I've been awake from around 1am til after 5.  Tossing and turning.  Jumping up every time David rolls around or moans.
Last night was so exhausting as I woke up around 12:30 to the sound of David crying.  This is very rare for him. It's rare for him to show emotions. He'll smile when I say "Smile so Mama can take a picture" but that's about it.  When he's going through the "older stage" he shows anger and get mean but no "happy" or sad emotions.
I think he must have been having a bad dream to cause him to actually cry.
Either way, it broke my heart.  I jumped up to check on him. Changed his diaper and got him some water. (He doesn't know how to let us know when he's thirsty. I asked him and he shook his head yes.)
After I tucked him back in and laid back down he became even more  restless.
I got back up and asked him if he had to go potty. He shook his head yes. So for the next hour he sat on the potty, shaking his head no each time I asked if he was ready to get up.  By the time I got him ready for bed again and crawled back into my bed it was after 4:00am.  I think I must have fallen back to sleep around 4:30 or so.

The next thing I knew it was 8am!
I had slept right through the timer that had gone off at 6am. 
Thank the Lord he was still dry.
I ran and did my morning chores and then rewarded myself with a Nice Hot Cup of Coffee!!! :)
Ready for another busy, none-stop day.

Excited today for Trammell.  A friend of his from Church (Barefoot Church) just picked him up so he can go turn a refrigerator box into a "SPACE SHIP"!
Getting ready for the next THEME in the children's department.  FUN!

Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary of doing good for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment