Saturday, February 8, 2014

Distractions

In our daily lives we have SO Many distractions.

And the devil just loves distractions.

Even as Trammell and I sit down each morning for Bible Study and Prayer Time, we hear the sounds of our phones as emails or Facebook messages come through.
It's a challenge just to stop ourselves from picking them up to check.

So I've started turning the sound off on my phone during that time.

I've also started turning the sound off from 8:30pm until 7:00am so I won't be tempted to pick it up during the night.
STILL working on THAT Temptation because of being up so much during the night taking care of David, it's so easy to grab my phone, as I lay back down, and begin checking on things, sending out emails, getting work done while everything's so quiet,
When I Should Be Trying To Get Back To SLEEP.  Therefore when the timer goes off in two hours to check his diaper again, I'm Still awake from the last time I checked him.
Yes, I'm Still working on that one.

The fact is there are far Too Many Distractions as we try and Should focus 100% of our attention on GOD and what he placed us here
for to begin with.

We must STOP wasting our precious time on things that do not matter in this world.

We Must
FOCUS
FOCUS
FOCUS On GOD.
On HIS Plan for our lives.
On HIS To Do List.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment