Saturday, October 12, 2013

LIVING UNDER HOUSE ARREST - Advice For The Young

I'm STILL PRAISING GOD for allowing me
to attend a Wonderful Women's Conference 
at our Church (Barefoot Church) 
last night called THREADS.
What a True BLESSING!
Ladies, If you EVER get the chance to attend 
PLEASE don't pass it up.
I'm already looking forward to next year!

One of my passions is teaching children. 
ALL ages.  
For over 20 years I taught Modeling and Etiquette
classes.  90% of my students were teenage girls.  I
still have many of the thank you cards and letters
from girls and parents thanking me for giving them
the self-confidence the needed to become graceful
young ladies.

As I look back though, I think about another kind 
of Grace I should have been teaching them.  
The Grace of our Lord Jesus CHRIST.

I long to share with young girls the mistakes I made
as I entered my 20's, thinking of only ME and my 
Career, with no concern of the plans GOD had for
my life.  
No longer being the kind of roll-model I should have been.

As I have aged and become wiser with the years I
now understand what I should have realized so many
years before, that GOD'S PLAN is ALWAYS BEST.
HIS PLAN is what we should seek even from an early
age.

Girls AND guys need to also understand that the mistakes
they make now can alter the rest of their lives.


When I was 17 I received the greatest complement a guy
could ever give a girl.  
Although I didn't see it as one at the time. 

His name was Ray and he was my first real boyfriend.
I was in love for the first time.  My heart would flutter 
each time I heard his voice on the phone or when I saw
his mustang turn the corner onto our street.  
Just to be near him was a joy.  
BUT I had stick rules.  Not my parents rules but my own.  
I would only hold hands.  No kissing or anything.
I believed that ALL that was to be saved for my honeymoon.

After a few months of dating, to my dismay, Ray broke up
with me.  I was crushed.  So broken hearted. I couldn't 
understand why.  
That's when he told me, "I really do
like you BUT you are the kind of girl you MARRY,
NOT the kind of girl you DATE." 

Of course I was devastated at the time and did not realize
he was giving me the greatest complement a girl could ever
get.

I tell you this to make a point.  
Girls, That is the kind of girl you should strive to be.
And Boys!  That's the kind of girl you should strive to date
AND marry.

When peer pressure tries to tell you to do otherwise
that's when it's time to WALK AWAY.
Being a member of the IT GIRLS may be fun right now
BUT they are not going to be a part of your life in a
couple of years.  Most of them you will never see after
High School, but the mistakes you make as you try
to be ONE OF THEM may haunt you for the rest of your
life.

My advice to you is to Follow a 
TRUE FRIEND, 
OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.  
HE Will Never Lead You Wrong.
And 
HE WILL Be By Your Side For Eternity.

Hebrews 13:5
....Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

www.bycefamily.weebly.com


No comments:

Post a Comment