Saturday, August 31, 2013

Living Under House Arrest - Growing Old

I have written poetry my entire life.
I have a box filled with my poems,
songs and journals from all the way
back to my childhood.

Here's a poem I wrote entitled
"I've Been There".
I wrote it when I was
 29 as I thought about
growing old.
it's Fun to look back and read some
of the things I wrote back then as
I am turning the big 55 next month.

Hope you enjoy

"I've Been There"

Don't talk to me like life has passed me by,
I've Been There.

Don't look at me and sigh that long sad sigh,
I've Been There.

My hair may be the shade of gray, but hey,
I've Been There.

My clothes may not fit that certain way,
But, I've Been There.

I may take life a little slower now,
But, I've Been There.

I know it's not me when the guys say
"Look At That Gal!"
But Hey Kid,
I've Been There.

I've done what you're doing.
I've been where you're going.
And I've got the advantage of knowing
where it is you're going to,
Cause
I've Been There Too.
            By Linda Byce
                          1987

Now days my focus is on Serving The LORD
and Caring for my Family.
Those other things that seemed so important
back then are of less value to me now.
With Age comes Wisdom.

Let's Never Forget,
Growing Old Is A BLESSING.
It is our gift from GOD that allows
us to spend more time doing what
HE Placed us here to do in the first
place.
Be Blessed

God's Gracious Word can make you into
what He wants you to be and give you
everything you could possibly need.
                                    Acts 20:32

www.bycefamily.weebly.com




No comments:

Post a Comment