Saturday, January 11, 2014

Are We WELL Yet?

Since December 26th our family has had an "Unwelcomed Bug" living in our home.
Weeks of Coughing, Sneezing, Runny Noses, Headaches, Stopped Up Heads, Upset Tummys, Aching, Coughing and MORE Coughing have left us Miserable and Just Plain Worn Out.
BUT I believe we are beginning to crawl out from under the covers.

I even ventured out the front door yesterday to check the mail and take the garbage out. 
Today I will have to venture even farther as I go on a "Milk Run" seeing that we are down to
a 1/2 gal. And we are OUT of
cold/flu medicine.  Neither of which we can do without.

I know without a doubt that GOD has a reason and a purpose for these past weeks of illness. 
And in due time we will see. 

There is a reason for everything that happens in our lives, no matter how huge or how small, 
there is a purpose for it All.

Reflection time is one reason, I am sure. 

As you know, when you're sick,  night time is always worse. 
In our case it's even worse because no matter how bad we feel, Trammell and I STILL have to be up every 2 to 3 hours caring for David.  Changing his diapers, his clothes, bedpads or sheets ... It's never ending. It's 24/7/365.
It makes being sick that much more of a nightmare.

So many times, sick or well, even though I am soooo completely  worn out,  I can NOT fall back to sleep.  
This has become my Reflection time.  My time to Pray.  My time to listen to what my Lord is saying to me.  My Quiet Time.

I Praise HIM For That Time,
no matter how I'm feeling.

2 Corinthians 12:10
Now I take limitations in stride,
and with good cheer, 
these limitations that cut me down to size
- abuse, accidents, opposition,
bad breaks.
I just let CHRIST take over! 
And so the weaker I get,
the stronger I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment